- Up to
Alumni Hall of Fame 2014 nominations now being accepted
July 24, 2013
The CSUB Alumni Association is currently accepting nominations for the 2014 Alumni Hall of Fame. Created in 2006, the Hall of Fame recognizes and celebrates distinguished alumni who have made significant contributions in their field or in the community, and whose accomplishments and careers have brought honor and distinction to the university.
A nominations committee comprised of CSUB Alumni Association board members, CSUB faculty from each academic school, and a President’s designee, selects inductees. Past CSUB Alumni Hall of Fame inductees include:
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy
- Former Bakersfield Police Chiefs Bill Rector and Eric Matlock
- Kern County Superintendent of Schools Christine Frazier.
“To be recognized in the Hall of Fame means being honored for excellence by the Bakersfield community, the Alumni Association, and the CSUB president, administration and faculty,” said Roopa Dave, CSUB Director of Alumni Relations. “Community members play an essential role in the nomination process as they are able to provide names of distinguished alumni who have had a positive impact in the Bakersfield community and in their professional life.”
The criteria for selecting a nominee includes:
- Must hold an earned or honorary degree from CSU Bakersfield
- Must have received their degree five (5) years or more prior to selection
- Professional accomplishments and successes
- Contributions to the community and previous recognitions with awards
- Civic and community involvement, awareness, and concern
- Positive impact on chosen endeavors
- Interest in and support of higher education
- Demonstrated involvement in the university
Nominations for CSUB alumni living across the country are welcome and encouraged. This is a very prestigious award. To nominate distinguished CSUB alumni for the Alumni Hall of Fame, please visit http://www.csub.edu/alumni/attend/halloffame.shtml. The deadline for nominations is September 2nd. Inductees will be announced in October and will be honored during a black tie gala in February 2014.
For more information about CSUB, please visit www.csub.edu.