Policies and Guidelines
Participants in good standing must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
Participants must not receive lower than a C- on any math class.
Participants must maintain contact with their faculty advisor at least once per quarter in order
to discuss and have approved their upcoming class schedule.
Participants must complete 25 hours of tutoring by the end of the first academic year,
complete 75 hours of tutoring by the end of the summer, and complete 100 by the end of the
Participants must maintain a major in math or science.
- Participants that have lower than 2.5 cumulative GPA after any quarter will be placed on probation.
- To remove the probation, the probationary student must achieve a quarterly GPA of 2.5 or higher (in advisor-approved courses) in each quarter to follow until the cumulative GPA has reached 2.5, at which time the student will return to good standing. Scholarship funds will continue during probation.
- Failure to meet condition a. will result in discontinuance from the program. All scholarship funds will cease. If the situation arises, program faculty will meet with the student to discuss any extenuating circumstances.
- If a participant does not meet with their advisor at least once per quarter, he/she will receive a warning. If the participant continues to digress, then he/she will be discontinued from the program.
- If a participant does not complete his/her tutoring hours by the dates given he/she will be placed on probation. Probation will be removed upon completion of needed hours.
- If at any time a participant changes his/her major from mathematics all scholarship funds will cease and the student will be discontinued from the program.
- If at any time a student transfers to another university, all scholarship funds will cease and the student will be discontinued from the program.
Once a student has discontinued being a participant for any of the above reasons, there is no
possibilities of receiving further funds from the program.