|AVC Faculty Borrowing
Lending Policies for Antelope Valley College Faculty
To facilitate Antelope Valley College (AVC) faculty's access to CSUB Library, the following procedures and policies will be implemented:
- Antelope Valley College (AVC) will provide Circulation and the CSUB AV Campus librarian a list of permanent AVC full-time faculty each semester.
- If a faculty member comes to the CSUB library, the list will be checked and he/she will fill out a community card application and be issued a card. There is no charge for this card. Borrower must show a picture identification. Books can be checked out immediately.
- If a faculty member contacts the CSUB AV Campus librarian and would like books sent to them at AVC, he/she will check the faculty list and have the requestor fill out a community card application that will be sent to Circulation. He/she will e-mail the Library Assistant II for Distance Services (LAII) the list of books requested. The LA II will pull the books, check them out to the AVC faculty and ship them to AVC Library. Circulation will issue a community card that will be included in this shipment.
- AVC faculty may have five books checked out to them at any one time. AVC faculty may only borrow books from the regular circulating collection. Media, reference books and journals do not circulate.
- AVC faculty will have a four-week loan period and books may be renewed once.
- AVC faculty can return books to CSUB, mail books back in the mailer bag provided by the LA II or return books to the CSUB AV Campus librarian who will ship them back to CSUB.
- AVC faculty will not have remote access to any CSUB electronic resources.
- AVC faculty may not use CSUB Interlibrary Loan.
- The CSUB Community Card cannot be used by family members or other AVC employees.
- AVC faculty will not be fined for overdue books, but will be billed for lost or unreturned material.
April 30, 2003
|Questions or Comments?||Back|
|Copyright@ 2003 California State University Bakersfield Library|