Kern County Reference Sources
Many of the sites listed in California Reference Sources contain county, city, and/or school district data for Kern County.
- RAND California
- Contains nearly 100 statistical databases, ranging from employment to social security payments to SAT scores. Much of the data is available at the national, state, county, city, and zip code levels.
- Kern County Quick Facts [U.S. Census Bureau]
- Census of Agriculture [U.S. Department of Agriculture]
- Agricultural data by county. Earliest California data is 1850.
- Census of Agriculture
- Agricultural statistics - 1997, 1992 and 1987 - for each California county, including Kern.
- Kern County Crop Reports
- Local crop production and value information since 1930.
- California Air Resources Board
- Kern County Air Pollution Control District
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- California Almanac of Emissions and Air Quality since 1999
- Contains 20-year trend summaries of air quality and emissions data. Data are summarized for the State as a whole and for the five most populated air basins (South Coast, San Francisco Bay Area, San Joaquin Valley, San Diego, and Sacramento Valley).
Budget - County of Kern
- Kern County Budget
- Budgets for the County of Kern since FY 2001-2002.
Kern County CalWorks
- Conditions of Children [Kern County Network for Children]
- Contains official data sources related to children and families in Kern County for such areas as demographics, family economics, health & well being, education and child & family safety.
- see also California Reference Sources - Criminal Justice
- Kern County Sheriff
- Criminal Justice Profile since 1999
- Trend data are presented for crimes, arrests, arrest dispositions, criminal justice personnel and expenditures for the most recent 10 years.
- Counting California
- Data on crime, crime rates and prison population.
- RAND California
- Contains data on the number of crimes, crime rates, hate crimes, domestic violence, paroles and felons, and prison populations an capacities.
- see Statistical Sources
- see Quick Facts
- see also Labor Market
- County Business Patterns since 2002
- Annually provides subnational economic data by industry. The series is useful for studying the economic activity of small areas; analyzing economic changes over time; and as a benchmark for statistical series, surveys, and databases between economic censuses. Able to display and compare county, zip code and metropolitan area data.
Older reports: 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993
- 2002 Economic Census - Bakersfield Metro
- 1997 Economic Census - Kern County [Census Bureau]
- Profiles the Kern County economy.
- Nonemployer statistics: 2002 - 2006 | 1997 - 2001
- Environmental Information about Kern County [California Environmental Resources Evaluation System]
- Kern County Land Use Data [California Department of Water Resources]
- Planning Information for Kern County [California Land Use Planning Network]
- Department of Public Health Services [Kern County]
- California County Health Status Profiles since 1999
- Presents public health data for each California county that can be directly compared with clearly established benchmarks, such as national standards, and populations of similar composition. This report presents vital statistics and morbidity tables that show the population, number of events, percentages, crude rates, and age-adjusted death rates by county.
- Kern County Health Status Profile since 1999
- Health status indicator data for Kern County.
- Health Status Reports [Kern County Department of Public Health Services]
- County data on births, deaths and communicable disease.
- see also Occupational Guides & Career Information
- Kern County Labor Market Information [California Employment Development Department]
- Presents a county snapshot, monthly labor force data, historical labor force data, occupational projections, occupational wages, current industry employment, industry employment projections, historical industry trends, size of business, hours and earnings data, measures of income, data for affirmative action programs, social and economic data tables and agriculture.
- Kern County Ordinance Code
- Current county ordinance code.
- Kern County Superior Courts
- Find Your Legislator
- Kern County Treasurer and Tax Collector
- Parcel Information
- Links to parcel info, tax bills and parcel maps.
- Kern County Vital Statistics
- Local Climatological Data