Policies & Disclaimers
Policy for Data Destruction
It is the policy of CSUB Information Technology Services Support to remove and/or destroy all institutional data from any computer storage device prior to redeployment or equipment survey.
The primary reason for this is a concern about confidential, high risk data and other software programs that may be on the computers. All computers released by campus departments must pass through an ITSS standard disk wiping process before they can be redeployed, sold, donated or disposed of via the survey process.
Computer Lab Policies
Users of this facility can assist in keeping the equipment in working order, and help provide a pleasant working environment, by following these few courtesies:
- Food or beverages are NOT allowed in the labs at any time.
- Computer Lab A is unavailable for class walk-in use. It is an open access facility for INDIVIDUAL students only. Group use must be scheduled in Computer Labs B, C, D, or E.
- Computer Labs B, C, D, and E are not available for open access (walk-in) use. The facilities are dedicated for scheduled access only.
- The equipment is available for CSU Bakersfield course and research related activities only. The facilities are for the exclusive use of faculty and currently enrolled students of CSU Bakersfield. No other organization or individual, whether public or private may use this equipment. ID cards will be checked on a random basis.
- Making or using pirated copies of software is against the law. Random checks will be made for pirate software. Any person found making or using illegal software in campus facilities will have all user privileges revoked and the illegal disks will be confiscated. Other disciplinary action may also result.
- Please keep conversations at a low level so that others may concentrate.
- Please do not try to fix malfunctioning equipment. Notify a Student Consultant (in Library Computer A, phone 2440) of the problem you are experiencing.
- When finished working in the facility, please clear away all papers and other personal items. Doing this will provide a clean working area for the next person.
- Do not bang on the computer keyboard. A light touch will prevent damage to the keyboard.
- Game playing, other than those assigned specifically for course work, is not allowed at anytime.
- The use of peripheral equipment, other than state installed hardware, is strictly forbidden at any time as well as tampering with the software settings.
- Library materials other than those legitimately checked out must be returned to the Library before Library closing hours.
Use of the RUNNERCARD
- The cardholder agrees that the RUNNERCARD is the property of California State University, Bakersfield, and can be confiscated from bearer as a result of inappropriate conduct or abuse. Use of the RUNNERCARD is subject to all the terms, conditions, rules, and regulations.
- You must present your RUNNERCARD at the time of use in order to obtain services. Your card and related accounts are non-transferable; any misuse or illegal transactions can result in privilege suspension. Except as provided below, you are responsible for the usage of your card.
RUNNER BUCKS Account
- The RUNNER BUCKS account is an optional account of pre-deposited funds accessed by the cardholder for products and services. You do not earn interest, you may not use the Card as a credit card, you may not obtain cash, and you may not transfer your account.
- Cardholder's RUNNER BUCKS account will be activated automatically upon receipt of the RUNNERCARD.
- After activation, deposits can be made at anytime with a minimum of $1.00 and a maxium of $300.00.
- There are no transaction charges for using the RunnerCard.
- Campus merchants may accept purchase returns in accordance with their refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the products or services. We will credit returns to your Account; no cash refunds will be given.
Procedures for Lost, Stolen or Replacement Cards
- Report immediately any lost or stolen card or unauthorized card usage, in person or by phone at (661) 654-2009 during business hours. After hours, contact Public Safety at (661) 654-2111. You are responsible for all usage of your card prior to proper notification to the Card Office or the Public Safety Office.
- ublic Safety can issue a temporary card during night and weekend hours.
- There is a replacement fee for a lost, stolen, or damaged card. Check the RunnerCard fee page.
Error Resolution Procedures
- If an error is noticed on the receipt or statement, contact the Card Office no later than sixty (60) days after the error appears. If you report the error orally, at (661) 654-2009, a written confirmation may be required within ten (10) business days addressed to the Card Office, 9001 Stockdale Highway, Bakersfield, CA 93311. The cardholder should furnish the following information: (1) cardholder name, cardholder number, and social security number; (2) a description of the transaction in question and an explanation of the discrepancy; (3) the dollar amount of the transaction in question.
- The results of the investigation should be available within ten (10) business days of notification, however, if more time is needed, the investigation may take up to forty-five (45) days. If no error is found, a written explanation will be provided within three (3) days after the close of the investigation. Copies of the documents used during the investigation may be requested.
Closing Accounts, Refunds, Returns
- (a) Upon complete withdrawal from the institution, or when a student is no longer eligible to enroll, the balance remaining on the RunnerCard will be transferred to your account with the Student Financial Services office. Refunds will be according to the campus refund policy. (http://www.csub.edu/BAS/fiscal/refundpolicy.shtml)
- The Card Office reserves the right to close any RUNNERCARD account that has been inactive for a period of twelve (12) months.
- If the point-of-sale terminal is equipped to provide a receipt, you will receive a receipt at the time of purchase. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to ensure the receipt is correct.
- Activity statements can be generated upon request of cardholder.
Disclosure of Accounting Information to Third Parties
California State University, Bakersfield will disclose information to third parties about your account only:
- in order to comply with court orders or other applicable laws.
- if you give the Card Office written permission.
Effective Date of Agreement
These terms and conditions are effective immediately and remain so until written notification is received. California State University, Bakersfield shall mail or deliver a written notice at least twenty-one (21) days before effective date, any change in a term or condition if the change would cause increased fees or charges; or increase liability for the cardholder. Prior notice need not be given where immediate change in terms and conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of the system or account.
Anyone requiring this document in an alternative format, please contact Janice Clausen, Disability Services Coordinator, (661) 654-3360.
Department Specific Badge Policy
Department Specific Badge Request Policy
New or modified Badge Design requests must be submitted in writing to the Photo ID office and approved by the RunnerCard Committee.
Department Specific Badge Issuing Policy
- All individuals requesting department specific badges must order them through their department.
- The department will provide the Photo ID office with a list of names to produce badges. This list should contain the CSUB ID number, Student/Staff/Faculty name, and the department's PeopleSoft chartfield chargeback number
- The cost for each badge will be $10.00, and is charged to the department's O&E account.
- All badges produced will be forwarded to the department, along with the list of badges requested.
- The departments are solely responsible for the distribution of their department specific badges.
- In the case of a lost, stolen, or mutilated badge, a replacement badge request must be initiated from the department. The cost will be $10.00.
Effective Date of Agreement
These terms and conditions are effective as of Spring Quarter 2005.
Anyone requiring this document in an alternative format, please contact Disability Services Coordinator, (661) 654-3360.
Website General Disclaimer
The materials on CSUB's Internet site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, CSUB disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. CSUB does not warrant that the services will meet your requirements, the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. CSUB does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, quality, reliability, appropriateness for a particular task or application, or otherwise. No oral or written information or advice given by service provider or its authorized representatives shall create a warranty. You are entirely responsible for and assume all risk for use of the service and the materials on this site. In no event will CSUB be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages even if CSUB has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You should not use the service, web site or the material contained therein where damage could result if an error occurred. CSUB does not warrant or represent that its security procedures will prevent the loss of or improper access to your data. CSUB is not responsible for transmission errors or corruption or security of information carried over telecommunication/data lines.