- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residential Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Use of the RUNNERCARD
- The cardholder agrees that the RUNNERCARD is the property of California State University, Bakersfield, and can be confiscated from bearer as a result of inappropriate conduct or abuse. Use of the RUNNERCARD is subject to all the terms, conditions, rules, and regulations.
- You must present your RUNNERCARD at the time of use in order to obtain services. Your card and related accounts are non-transferable; any misuse or illegal transactions can result in privilege suspension. Except as provided below, you are responsible for the usage of your card.
RUNNER BUCKS Account
- The RUNNER BUCKS account is an optional account of pre-deposited funds accessed by the cardholder for products and services. You do not earn interest, you may not use the Card as a credit card, you may not obtain cash, and you may not transfer your account.
- Cardholder's RUNNER BUCKS account will be activated automatically upon receipt of the RUNNERCARD.
- After activation, deposits can be made at anytime with a minimum of $1.00 and a maximum of $300.00.
- There are no transaction charges for using the RunnerCard.
- Campus merchants may accept purchase returns in accordance with their refund policy in effect at the place of purchase of the products or services. We will credit returns to your Account; no cash refunds will be given.
Procedures for Lost, Stolen or Replacement Cards
- Report immediately any lost or stolen card or unauthorized card usage, in person or by phone at (661) 654-2009 during business hours. After hours, contact Public Safety at (661) 654-2111. You are responsible for all usage of your card prior to proper notification to the Card Office or the Public Safety Office.
- public Safety can issue a temporary card during night and weekend hours.
- There is a replacement fee for a lost, stolen, or damaged card. Check the RunnerCard fee page.
Error Resolution Procedures
- If an error is noticed on the receipt or statement, contact the Card Office no later than sixty (60) days after the error appears. If you report the error orally, at (661) 654-2009, a written confirmation may be required within ten (10) business days addressed to the Card Office, 9001 Stockdale Highway, Bakersfield, CA 93311. The cardholder should furnish the following information: (1) cardholder name, cardholder number, and social security number; (2) a description of the transaction in question and an explanation of the discrepancy; (3) the dollar amount of the transaction in question.
- The results of the investigation should be available within ten (10) business days of notification, however, if more time is needed, the investigation may take up to forty-five (45) days. If no error is found, a written explanation will be provided within three (3) days after the close of the investigation. Copies of the documents used during the investigation may be requested.
Closing Accounts, Refunds, Returns
- (a) Upon complete withdrawal from the institution, or when a student is no longer eligible to enroll, the balance remaining on the RunnerCard will be transferred to your account with the Student Financial Services office. Refunds will be according to the campus refund policy. (http://www.csub.edu/BAS/fiscal/refundpolicy.shtml)
- The Card Office reserves the right to close any RUNNERCARD account that has been inactive for a period of twelve (12) months.
- If the point-of-sale terminal is equipped to provide a receipt, you will receive a receipt at the time of purchase. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to ensure the receipt is correct.
- Activity statements can be generated upon request of cardholder.
Disclosure of Accounting Information to Third Parties
California State University, Bakersfield will disclose information to third parties about your account only:
- in order to comply with court orders or other applicable laws.
- if you give the Card Office written permission.
Effective Date of Agreement
These terms and conditions are effective immediately and remain so until written notification is received. California State University, Bakersfield shall mail or deliver a written notice at least twenty-one (21) days before effective date, any change in a term or condition if the change would cause increased fees or charges; or increase liability for the cardholder. Prior notice need not be given where immediate change in terms and conditions is necessary to maintain or restore the security of the system or account.
Anyone requiring this document in an alternative format, please contact Janice Clausen, Disability Services Coordinator, (661) 654-3360.