- Up to
Computer Lab Policies
Users of this facility can assist in keeping the equipment in working order, and help provide a pleasant working environment, by following these few courtesies:
- Food or beverages are NOT allowed in the labs at any time.
- Computer Lab A is unavailable for class walk-in use. It is an open access facility for INDIVIDUAL students only. Group use must be scheduled in Computer Labs B, C, D, or E.
- Computer Labs B, C, D, and E are not available for open access (walk-in) use. The facilities are dedicated for scheduled access only.
- The equipment is available for CSU Bakersfield course and research related activities only. The facilities are for the exclusive use of faculty and currently enrolled students of CSU Bakersfield. No other organization or individual, whether public or private may use this equipment. ID cards will be checked on a random basis.
- Making or using pirated copies of software is against the law. Random checks will be made for pirate software. Any person found making or using illegal software in campus facilities will have all user privileges revoked and the illegal disks will be confiscated. Other disciplinary action may also result.
- Please keep conversations at a low level so that others may concentrate.
- Please do not try to fix malfunctioning equipment. Notify a Student Consultant (in Library Computer A, phone 2440) of the problem you are experiencing.
- When finished working in the facility, please clear away all papers and other personal items. Doing this will provide a clean working area for the next person.
- Do not bang on the computer keyboard. A light touch will prevent damage to the keyboard.
- Game playing, other than those assigned specifically for course work, is not allowed at anytime.
- The use of peripheral equipment, other than state installed hardware, is strictly forbidden at any time as well as tampering with the software settings.
- Library materials other than those legitimately checked out must be returned to the Library before Library closing hours.