Embassy/consulate Visa Interview
Congratulations! You have been accepted to study at California State University, Bakersfield (CSUB). Please schedule a visa interview with the US embassy or Consulate closest to your hometown. This interview is important in securing your F-1 student visa for study in the United States.
Below are a few tips on how to prepare for your interview.
Be sure to bring the following with you to the visa appointment:
- Required photo(s)
- Visa fee or proof of visa fee payment
- Federal SEVIS Fee payment receipt
- U.S. non-immigrant visa application forms (unless you will completing it at the consulate or embassy)
- Admission letter
- SEVIS I-20
- Test scores and academic records
- Proof of English proficiency
- Proof of financial support (e.g. bank statement...)
- Evidence of ties to your home country (e.g. family, property, job offer...)
- Any other documents required by the embassy or consulate
Remember that if you plan to attend, you must present the visa officer with an I-20 issued by CSUB. You cannot apply for a U.S. visa using anther school's I-20, and then try to attend CSUB as that is considered to be a fraudulent entry by the U.S. Immigration authorities.
Good luck. If you have any problems or questions, please feel free to contact the director of ISP.