Work & Employment

On Campus Employment for International Students

International Students meeting F-1 or J-1 status can work on Campus.

  • Employment is limited to 20 hours per week while school is session
  • Students may work full-time on-campus, if their department allows it, while on their vacation term or during term breaks.           
  • You are not allowed to work on-campus after you complete your program.

To search available campus jobs, you will first need to create an account on RunnerLink. (we recommend using a desktop computer to create your profile through RunnerLink.)

  1. Visit:       
  2. Click on “Student/Alumni” from the left side menu.
  3. Below the video, click on “Create Student Account Here” on the right side.

After you create and verify your RunnerLink account, you may start searching for student assistant jobs on campus.

On your RunnerLink homepage, click on Job Search under “Search Jobs/Internships/Volunteer”

Social Security Number

Any type of employment in the United States requires you to possess a Social Security Number (SSN). You must complete the following steps in order to receive a social security number:

Step 1: Secure an on-campus job offer in writing to present to our international office.

Step 2: Request a letter of support from our international office.

Step 3: Take the following documents to your local Social Security Office:

  • Your job offer letter
  • Letter of Support from the DSO at the International Programs Office
  • Your current I-20
  • Your passport with visa stamp
  • Your I-94 admission record

Step 5: Follow up with your employer and complete any further necessary paperwork required for employment.