The intensive English Language Center, as a program offered by the Extended University Division of California State University, Bakersfield, is authorized under Federal Law to enroll non-immigrant students. If requested, when the IELC application process is complete, students will be sent the appropriate documentation to apply for an F-1 student visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy.