A Community Assistant (CA) is one of the most rewarding positions for an on-campus graduate student to have. At CSUB Student Housing and Residence Life, we have two Community Assistant positions. One Community Assistant is in charge of Academic Success, and the other is in charge of Social Justice and Diversity. Both Community Assistants work directly with the Assistant Director to bring enrichment and academic success to our residents.
Requirements for a Community Assistant (CA) is as follow:
- Must be a full-time graduate student (enrolled in 8 units or more per quarter).
- Must work 20 hours per week.
- Must have a commitment to service CSUB students.
- Previous student leadership experience required.
- Must be a good academic role model and possess a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Must have good listening skills.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor – but still be able to have fun at work!
- Must be willing to live in student housing.
For more information on this position, please contact the Student Housing & Residence Life Office at (661) 654-3014 or email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.