Your License Agreement is a legally binding contract for not less than a nine month term and is not easily canceled before the end of the agreed license term. The dates of your contract are September 14, 2013 – June 13, 2014.
You can request that your license agreement be canceled if one of the following circumstances applies to you. A request does not guarantee that a cancellation will be approved.
- Cancellation before check in: Your cancellation request must be received through your Housing Portal
(please see "Cancel Application") by the Office of Residence Life by the following dates, according to the
term, or you will not receive the $200 down payment back.
- Fall 2013: August 1, 2013
- Winter 2014: December 1, 2013
- Spring 2014: March 15, 2014
Applications received after these dates, according to the term the application is submitted for, are not eligible for refund.
- End of Student Status: This is applicable to students withdrawing from classes, transferring to another university, graduating and one quarter National Student Exchange students. If you are enrolled in classes during/after the proposed release date your request will be denied and charges may be re-applied to your University Student Account.
- Marriage, Childbirth, or Domestic Partnership: An official copy of the marriage certificate or domestic partnership declaration is required.
- Hardship – Financial, Emotional, Medical:
- You must provide a letter stating how and why your financial status has changed drastically from when
you applied for housing. You must provide documents that support and prove a drastic change. Verifiable
information is strongly encouraged.
- You must provide medical documentation, such as a letter from a doctor, stating why the residence halls no longer meet your needs as it relates to your medical or emotional status. This letter must be on letterhead and there must be a phone number provided that we can call to verify.
- You must provide a letter stating how and why your financial status has changed drastically from when you applied for housing. You must provide documents that support and prove a drastic change. Verifiable information is strongly encouraged.
Whether or not your request to cancel qualifies for cancellation is up to the sole discretion of the Office of Student Housing & Residence Life, if it is not approved, you are responsible for all financial obligations associated with this application and your license agreement.