This Money Matters FAQ page is all about housing and university fees. If you have question on whether or not your scholarship or financial aid will cover your housing fees, click on the links below to find out. If you have other question you would like answer, please contact the Student Housing office at (661) 654-3014 or email us at

Cost Calculator 2016-2017 Housing Price & Payment Schedule
Aramark Dining Services - Meal Plan Student Housing Payment Plan

Open All/Close All

Student Housing Cost and Payment Schedule

Below is the payment schedule and cost per academic year. Housing fees are subject to change, so take it into consideration when you are meeting with your financial aid advisors to discuss your scholarship, financial aids, or loans.

Academic Year 2016-2017

Summer 2016

Academic Year 2015-2016

Academic Year 2014-2015

Academic Year 2013-2014

Does it cost to apply for Housing?

A: Yes, you will need to pay a $50 non-refundable application fee.

You will need to pay the $300 Down Payment to reserve your room space.
You will not be able to reserve your room space until you pay the $300 down payment.

Will my Financial Aid pay for my housing application fees?

A: Financial Aid does not get disbursed until close to the start of the school year. It is better to pay the application fee and down payment out-of-pocket in order to reserve your space in housing and to get your name on the Wait List if there is a Wait List.

If you are on an athletic scholarship or if you know that another CSUB department will be covering your Housing application fees and Down Payment, please contact that Department and ask that they send the Housing office a written notification that they will be covering your fees.

Will my Financial Aid pay for my housing fees?

A: It depends on how much aid you will be receiving. Check with your financial aid advisor and see if your financial aid will cover your quarterly fees. Note that Financial Aid will pay your tuition and other university fees first before it pays for your housing fees. If there is a balance in housing after your aid has paid out, you are responsible for paying the remaining balance.

When are my housing fees due?

Academic Year 2016-2017 Housing fee due dates:

  • Fall 2016: September 1
  • Spring 2017: February 1

Academic Year 2016-2017 Housing Payment Schedule and Cost

Your housing fees are due each quarter on:

  • Fall quarter: October 1
  • Winter quarter: January 1
  • Spring quarter: April 1

Academic Year 2015-2016 Housing Payment Schedule and Cost

Academic Year 2014-2015 Housing Payment Schedule and Cost

Academic Year 2013-2014 Housing Payment Schedule and Cost

Does Housing offer a payment plan?

A: Yes, we offer a payment plan. Here's the application: Housing Payment Plan Application.

You may pick up a Housing Payment Plan application at the Housing office or you may email Ashley Scott at ( to request a payment plan. Remember to give any helpful information such as name, phone number, and student ID when you email Ashley.

The payment plan is per quarter. Your housing fees need to be paid off by the last day of the quarter.

Is parking included in the housing fees?

A: No, parking permits are not included in the housing fees. Please go to the Cashier's Office homepage for more information on purchasing your parking pass and refer to the “How do I purchase a Parking permit online?” section for further instructions on purchasing a parking permit.

Where do I pay for my housing fees?

A: To pay your housing fees, you may take cash, check, cashier’s check, or a money order to the Cashier’s office located on campus. You may also pay for them online by credit card through your myCSUB portal. If paying by credit card online, there is a service fee associated.

What do my housing fees pay for?

A: Your housing fees pay for rent and a meal plan for the quarter plus WiFi, utilities,  basic cable, light housing-keeping, and semi-furnished unit.

Why should I live on campus instead of off campus?

After checking out the housing fees, you probably think that on-campus costs more than living off campus.  Check out the comparison chart below that we have compiled based on the information we received from the apartments in the Greater Bakersfield area.

On-Campus vs. Off-Campus housing comparision chart

Here are some of the benefits of living on campus:

  • No commute
  • Semi-furnished unit
  • Easy access to campus facilities
  • Faculty involvement; Living Learning Communities are available
  • Community activities and programs
  • Department of Public Safety patrols area
  • Free wireless internet and basic cable TV provided
  • Utilities are included
  • Your license agreement is for your bed space only. There are no joint license agreements and you are not responsible for your roommates expenses (with the exception of damage billing).
  • Rent is billed on your university student account
  • If you receive a sufficient amount of Financial Aid, your package could be utilized to pay all of your housing fees directly.
  • 24 Hour access to support and community services through the Office of Residence Life
  • It's a really fun and safe place to live!
* Please note that we are not affiliated with any of the apartments off campus.

Do I have to have a Meal Plan?

A: Yes, all residents are required to have a meal plan.

How can I change my Meal Plan?

A: Go to: Campus Dish - Meal Plan. At the bottom of the page there is a light blue button “Meal Plan Sign Up”. Fill in the information and choose the appropriate meal plan. Submit the information and your meal plan will be changed accordingly.

If you have question regarding your meal plan, call Aramark at (661) 654-6459.

Do I have to pick a meal plan each quarter?

A: No, you do not need to pick a new meal plan each quarter. You will have the same meal plan from last quarter unless you want to change it to fit your needs.

I am having problems choosing/changing my meal plan.

A: If you are unable to choose or change your meal plan, you will need to contact food services directly. Call Aramark food services, at (661) 654-6459. Aramark food service office is located inside the Runner Café.

Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8AM - 5PM
(661) 654-3014

(661) 321-6290
Monday - Thursday
5PM - 8AM
Friday - Monday
5PM - 8AM

University Police Department
For emergency, call:
(661) 654-2111
or 911 from any telephone

Check Us Out On Facebook!