An immunization hold is a hold on your university account due to not providing information about required vaccinations for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) and/or hepatitis B. If you have not provided proof of immunization or immunity on a blood test, the university will place a hold on your account and your registration privileges until the hold is cleared at Student Health Services. You can clear the hold in one of the following ways (please note that you will not be contacted once your information is received, you can check that the hold was cleared by logging into your account or calling the front desk at 661-654-2394):
  • Bring in proof of immunization to the Student Health Services medical records desk Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00 pm.
  • Mail proof directly to SHS- include copy with Student ID number and date of birth. (9001 Stockdale Highway 28-HC, Bakersfield, CA 93311)
  • Fax proof of immunization to 661-654-3301.
  • Receive immunizations at SHS for a fee.
  • Get a titer blood test at SHS for a fee.
  • Get vaccinated through your private health care provider and send/bring in proof.
  • Request an exemption (permanent or temporary) by filling out the Immunization Exemption and provide it to Student Health Services.
  • If you graduated from a CA high school, a High School Immunization Waiver can be completed and provided to Student Health Services.

Important Notice: Federal Regulations (HIPAA) prohibit us from accepting personal, confidential, medical, or immunization documentation through email. We can only accept immunization records and waivers by fax, mail, or in-person.