Research Council of the University (RCU)
The Research Council of the University (RCU) was initially established in 1988 as the University Research Council (URC). Its primary purposes continue to be to increase the visibility of research on the campus, and to create an environment in which the faculty justifiably believes that research awards are equitably made and contribute to the CSUB Mission. The RCU has a major advisory role in decisions concerning the use of other resources for research (e.g., CSU budgeted resources for research; indirect costs funds used to support research; private discretion-ary research contributions; etc.).
The RCU has broad responsibility for awarding assigned time and monetary support to faculty on a competitive basis. Proposals requesting support for basic or applied research, creative or scholarly activity, or professional development that enriches the academic and learning environment of the University are considered.
The RCU shall have the following membership:
- AVP of Division of Grants, Research & Sponsored Programs (chair);
- Four tenured or tenure-track faculty, one each elected from and by the Schools of Social Science & Education, Business and Public Administration, Arts & Humanities, Natural Science, Mathematics, & Engineering;
- Two tenured or tenure-track faculty elected at-large from the faculty as a whole; and,
- One graduate student, selected by the AVP of Grants, Research & Sponsored Programs.
- Spring 2013: Applications are being accepted
- Announcement sent out April 15, 2013
- Application Due Date: April 29, 2013
- Round One: Cover Sheet
- Round One: Guidelines
- RCU Committee Meeting: May 17, 2013
- Award Decision week of May 20, 2013
- Fall 2013:
- Announcement sent out September 29, 2013
- Application Due Date October 7, 2013
- Round Two: Cover Sheet
- Round Two: Guidelines
- RCU Committee Meeting: October 25, 2013
- Award Decision week of October 28, 2013