Nursing Student Loans (NSL)
The Federal Nursing Student Loan (NSL) program is designed to provide low-interest federal student loans to students pursuing a degree in Nursing and who demonstrate financial need based on their FAFSA data. Based on the availability of funds, students pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree in Nursing may qualify for this loan. Up to $3,000 may be borrowed annually for the first two years of undergraduate study in the nursing program, and up to $5,200 annually for subsequent undergraduate study. The aggregate lifetime total of NSL funds borrowed cannot exceed $17,000.
- Be admitted and enrolled in a CSUB Nursing program;
- Be enrolled at least half-time;
- Have financial "Need"
Accepting / Declining or Reducing your Loan
Once you are awarded a Nursing Loan, you will need to:
- Log into your myCSUB and accept or decline your loan(s);
- Complete and sign the online Master Promissory Note (MPN);
- Complete online Loan Entrance Counseling
- If you want to reduce your loan amount prior to disbursement, please contact the CSUB Financial Aid Office.
- Fixed 5.0% interest rate.
- No loan origination fees
- No interest or payments while enrolled at least half-time.
- Repayment begins 9-months after students either graduate or drop below half-time enrollment, whichever occurs first.
Repayment does not begin until nine months after students either graduate or drop below halftime enrollment, whichever occurs first. At the time a student graduates or drops below half-time enrollment they will also need to complete loan Exit Counseling.