FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) data is used for determining aid eligibility at colleges and universities across the nation. However, due to aid allocations specific to each institution, your financial aid award will not transfer per se from one institution to another. Therefore, if you are transferring into CSUB, or from CSUB to another school, there are some things you need to do:
Transferring into CSUB
- Notify your previous school about the transfer as soon as possible.
- Update/Edit your FAFSA ( Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to list our School Code so data may be sent to us. Our Federal School code is 007993.
- If you have a Cal Grant award at your prior institution, notify the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) of your school change.
- If you receive scholarships or grants from an outside source, each donor will need to be notified of the transfer.
- You will need to disclose all aid received from outside sources to the CSUB Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships. For scholarships, please use the CSUB Scholarship Disclosure Form.
Transferring out of CSUB
In addition to all the steps above you should also:
- Make sure you have canceled any pending class registrations for upcoming terms.
- Make sure your university account balance has been cleared.
- Request official Academic Transcripts from the CSUB Admissions & Records Office for your new school.
- Update your FAFSA with the new school's code so your ISIR data will be transmitted to that school.
- Contact the new school to request any necessary financial aid information or paperwork specific to their institution.