- Up to
The following is a general timeline for financial aid application and processing:
- January 1-March 2: Complete the FAFSA on the web at www.fafsa.ed.gov for the upcoming academic year.
- March 2: Priority deadline to submit the FAFSA to the federal processor for on-time financial aid consideration.
- February 3-March 15: Priority filing period for CSUB Academic Scholarships.
- February-May: Once you and /or your parents have completed your Federal Income Tax Return, please update your FAFSA using IRS Data Retrieval tool. For electronic tax filers, IRS Data Retrieval should be available about 3 weeks after filing. For paper filers, Data Retrieval should be available 8-to-11 weeks after filing.
- Early April: E-mail notifications of missing documents are sent to applicants whose financial aid files are incomplete or who have been selected for verification and for whom additional documentation is required.
- Mid-to-Late April: Tentative date for notification of financial aid awards to on-time applicants will begin.
- May-July 1: Return completed forms requested by the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- September: Fall classes begin.
Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) online or on paper as soon after January 1st as possible. The priority filing deadline for California colleges is March 2nd for federal student aid. Your FAFSA must be received by the federal processor by this date to also be eligible for state grants, such as Cal Grant.
- Review your SAR (Student Aid Report), which will be sent to you by the FAFSA federal processor as an online link or on paper by mail. Changes should be made as soon as possible; in order to be eligible for California state grants, changes must be submitted and match the student's verification documents, by the student's last day of attendance for the academic year, or June 1st, whichever occurs first
Review Your Financial Aid Award Notification
- Check your e-mail for your Financial Aid Award Notification. Award packaging begins for the upcoming academic year begins in April.
- If you don't receive a Financial Aid Award Notification, you may not be meeting all financial aid eligibility factors, and/or may have some necessary paperwork to complete.
Complete Necessary Paperwork
- Check your myCSUB Financial Aid "To-Do List" to view any necessary paperwork.
- Return this paperwork as soon as possible (CSUB Document Submission deadline is July 1st for the fall term); your aid will be on hold until these forms are returned and processed.
Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022
Phone: (661) 654-3016
Fax: (661) 654-6800
Federal School Code: 007993
Follow us on Facebook