- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
- Cost of Attendance
- Applying for Aid
- Receiving Aid
- Types of Aid
- Terms & Conditions
- Financial Literacy
- Campus Information
- Tax Credits
- External Links
- Contact Information
Alert: Important Fee Update
From the CSU Chancellor's Office:
"The Board of Trustees is considering a tuition increase at their March 21-22, 2017 board meeting. Details about the proposal can be found at www.calstate.edu/tuition-increase."
The following is a tentative timeline for financial aid application and processing:
- October 1-March 2: Complete the FAFSA on the web at www.fafsa.ed.gov for the upcoming academic year.
- February: Required verification documents will start to be posted to students' myCSUB to-do list.
- February-June 1: Students should submit completed verification documents/forms requested by the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships to be awarded financial aid.
- March 2: Priority deadline to submit the FAFSA to the federal processor for on-time financial aid consideration.
- Mid-to-late March: Award notifications will start to be sent to on-time applicants.
- August: Fall classes begin.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Priority Filing Period: October 1 to March 2 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Verification is the process of confirming information reported by you and your parents or spouse on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is accurate. Each year, applicants nationwide are selected by the Federal Central Processing System for verification by the school. Selected applicants will need to submit all verification documents to the school before financial aid eligibility can be determined.
What do I need to submit?
- Check your myCSUB Financial Aid "To-Do List" to view any necessary paperwork.
- Return this paperwork as soon as possible (CSUB Document Submission deadline is July 1st for the fall term); your aid will be on hold until these forms are returned and processed.
What happens to my information?
The required forms and documents you submitted for verification will be compared to the information reported on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If the provided information does not match what is shown on your FAFSA, we will submit changes to the FAFSA processor. After all changes are made to your FAFSA data, CSUB will review your eligibility for financial aid.
Disbursement & Credit Balance Refunding
Once you have been awarded and accepted financial aid, and you have registered in the appropriate number of units, your financial aid will be disbursed into your CSUB student account for the corresponding term (which will occur no sooner than 10 days prior to the beginning of that term).
Once aid is disbursed into your university account, it will be credited toward any outstanding tuition fees or charges (please be aware that federal regulations prohibit us from automatically deducting prior year balances from current year aid. Thus, prior year balances must be paid by the student in cash, credit, or check). If there is any remaining credit balance, a refund check will be issued to you via direct deposit into your checking or savings account. To complete a Direct Deposit Authorization, you should log into your myCSUB account, click on Enroll in Direct Deposit, and complete the online form as soon as possible. If you have questions concerning this Authorization, or how to opt out, please contact Student Financial Services.
CSUB Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022
Phone: (661) 654-3016
Fax: (661) 654-6800
Federal School Code: 007993