Welcome BTSA Teachers!
If you opened to this page you are probably a teacher who is currently participating in BTSA or one who has recently completed BTSA I & II. This may be the first time that you have realized that you can get academic credit for the CFASST events 1-12 required in BTSA. This page was designed to answer the questions that you might have and to help you understand eligibility for credit and how to go about getting it.
The Extended University will grant BTSA/CFASST credit for:
- work that is in progress for this academic year (CSUB’s Academic Year is Summer Quarter to Spring Quarter)
- work that was completed in the 12 months prior to this academic year with documentation from the BTSA coordinator to support completion of said work
- registrations submitted by a BTSA coordinator who has been approved as an Instructor of Record
CSUB’s School of Education has approved series of course sections that represent the work done for BTSA I and BTSA II. These courses apply directly to the Masters of Arts in Education On-Line. The courses are:
- BTSA I courses are EDCI 604 A-C (4 units)
- BTSA II courses are EDCI 604 D-F (4 units)
If you are able to receive credit for these courses, the cost per unit of contract credit is $45.
How do I go about getting credit? What is the process?
We accept registrations only from BTSA coordinators rather than from participating teachers. That is because the BTSA coordinator is set up as the Instructor of Record and must verify the completion of the work. Contact your BTSA coordinator directly and if they are not currently participating refer them to this website or have them call us at 661-654-2441 The process is very easy to get started. If they are participating they will be able to assist you with the paperwork.