Frequently Asked Questions
by BTSA Coordinators:
Q: What about retroactive credit for participating teachers? For example, I have a BTSA II participating teacher who did not receive credit for her BTSA I work.
A: We can go back one year to pick up retroactive credit as long as the BTSA coordinator has documentation to support the completion of the work. What you will need to do is:
- Submit one registration form per person and list each course on a separate line
- Submit one form of payment (not 3 separate checks for each course)
- We will enter all of the courses into one quarter
- Create and submit a separate grade sheet for each course section with the names and social security #s as they appear on the registration forms. Be sure that your signature and phone number is on each of the grade sheets.
Q: What about people who completed their BTSA work three years ago? How can they get credit for the BTSA work that they did.
A: We cannot give retroactive contract credit for more than one year.*
*If they are pursuing a Masterâ€s Degree in Education they should talk to an academic advisor about applying the completed work to the degree.
Q: Your information says that we should submit registrations each quarter for work that is being done that quarter. Our district would like to submit the registrations for the entire year at the end of the year. Can we do that?
A: Yes we can make an exception to do that, but once we do that then you will need to stay with that system. Some of the stipulations for once a year registrations are:
- Registrations will be processed during Spring Quarter only.
- Grade report forms will be generated at the end of the quarter.
- Each person must make payment with one check/credit card # to cover all the units for the year. (ie. 2 units @ $45=$90)
- Spring deadline dates must be strictly adhered to as we cannot roll the registrations into summer.
Q: Do I have to use the official registration forms that are in duplicate?
A: No. You can make as many copies of that form as you need. You can also print out a registration form by clicking here
INSTRUCTOR OF RECORD
Q: If I am not set up as an Instructor of Record. Is it too late to do that for this quarter/year?*
A: Just fax a copy of your resume or the Instructor of Record form to Kelly Mallon at 661-654-2447 and indicate on the cover page that you want to be set up as an Instructor of Record for BTSA.
- Print out a copy of the registration form and have participating teachers fill out a form for all three course sections for the year and indicate form of payment.
- courses are EDCI 604A,B & C (BTSA I)
- courses are EDCI 604D,E &F (BTSA II)
- Once we have the approval for your Instructor of Record, you can mail the registrations in. Please include a list of all of the registrations you are submitting.
- We will process all of your registrations Spring Quarter.
- The deadline is one month prior to the end of the quarter.
Q: Can support providers recieve contract credit for EDCI 604 A-F?
A: YES, as long as they have not recieved the 8 units of credit previously as a BTSA I or II participating teacher. Another course for support providers is currently under development.