The Educational Talent Search (ETS) program from CSU Bakersfield provides academic, career, and financial counseling to students and encourages them to graduate from high school and pursue a college education of their CHOICE! This program identifies and assists individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in college.
The goal of the Educational Talent Search program is to increase the number of youths from disadvantaged backgrounds who complete high school and enroll in postsecondary education institutions of their choice.
The Educational Talent Search program is dedicated to creating, promoting, and supporting a college bound culture in the Kern County community.
- Academic, financial, career, or personal counseling including advice on entry or re-entry to secondary or postsecondary programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services
- Information on postsecondary education
- Exposure to college campuses
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Mentoring programs
- Special activities for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders
- Workshops for the families of participants
Kern High School District
Bakersfield City School District
|Shafter High School||Emerson Middle School|
|Highland High School||Stiern Middle School|
|West High School||Sierra Middle School|
|South High School|
|East High School|
HowToQualifyIn order to be eligible for ETS, a student must satisfy the following requirements:
- Enrollment in one of the participating middle or high schools.
- First generation college student (Parents have not completed a 4-year college degree).
- Low-income, according to guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Potential to succeed in high school and college.
This program is fully funded by the U.S. Department of Education.