Professor of English
Writing Program Coordinator
Office: Faculty Towers 102B
3 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specialization and Interest:
- 20th Century American Literature
Ph.D. in English, University of Oregon,
M.F.A. in English, University of Oregon, June, 1970
M.A. in English, University of Oregon, August, 1969
B.A. in English, Washington University, St.
Louis, Missouri, June, 1968
Prose Reader: Essays for Thinking, Reading, and Writing
with Michael Flachmann, Prentice Hall, seventh edition, January 2005.
Focusing on Essays, Prentice Hall, third edition, January 2005.
Focusing on Paragraphs in Context, Prentice Hall, third edition, January
Focusing on Sentences in Context, Prentice Hall, third edition, January
- "Building for the Future through
Intersegmental Assessment," ERIC (ED 438 247), November 1999.
- "Responding to Student Writing," Symposium,
Prentice Hall (Winter 1997): 4, 13.
- "Terms and Conditions of Employment in
the California State University," FORUM: Newsletter of the Part-Time
Forum, College Composition and Communication, 5 Spring 1994.
- "Principles Regarding the Teaching of
College Writing," with David Kann on behalf of CSU English Council, College
Composition and Communication, October 1991.
- CSUB Outstaning Professor, 1998-99.
- El Paso Natural Gas Company Award for
Excellence in Teaching, 1994.
- Teacher/Scholar Fellow, CSU Teaching and
Learning Exchange, 1993-94.
- STARR Booster Award, May 20, 1993.
- Innovator of the Year for the Kern Community
College District (with Kate Pluta from Bakersfield College for Building
Bridges Grant, Spring 1991.
- California Association of Teachers of
English, Teacher of the Year for Kern County, May 1989.
- William Carlos Williams
- Developmental Writing
Homepage | Faculty &
Staff | Graduate Program
| Undergrad Program
Program | Centers
& Publications | Student
Activities | Schedule
Copyright 2005-2006 CSUB Department of English
Questions? Comments? Contact the webmaster