Opening a Folder
Selecting your folder for verification:
To verify webpages you must tell the program where to find the files. The best performance is when the files are stored on your machine locally. To open a folder for scanning:
1. Select File from the menu, and select "Scan Folder(s)..."
2. Click the elispes button (...) to browse your computer to navigate to the folder where your files
3. Select the folder where your files are kept and click Ok.
4. The path to your folder will now show up in the box. Make sure you check the "Include Subfolders" box.
5. AccVerify will tell you how many files it found.
6. Click Verify to begin the process of checking your files.
7. AccVerify will ask you if you wish to set a base path. A base path will allow the program to display
any images which are a part of your web pages. It is easier to provide alt tag text if you can see the
picture you are writing an alt tag for.
8. If this is the first time you are using AccVerify you will not see any listings. Click "Add" to
add your base path to the list.
9. Browse to the same directory that you are verifying. Click Ok.
10. If your path is not displayed in the top box, pull it down and select the path to the folder you
11. Click Save.
12. AccVerify will let you know the base path has been set.
AccVerify is now checking your files and when it finds the first error it will present you with a
screen like this.
If you wish to use the AccRepair utility, click Yes. View the AccRepair process
If you want AccVerify to only check your files, not assist you with repairing them, check the box labeled "Run in Verification Only mode" and click No.