- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Early Start Math Exemptions
CSU Early Assessment Program (EAP), taken in conjunction with the 11th grade Summative High School Mathematics or Algebra II CST EAP Exemptions:
- A score of "Ready for CSU or participating CCC college-level Mathematics courses" or "Exempt"
- A score of "Ready for CSU or participating CCC college-level Mathematics courses–Conditional" or "Conditional" plus successful completion of CSU-approved 12th grade math course that requires Algebra II as a prerequisite**
College Board SAT® Reasoning Test Exemptions:
- A CSU Readiness cut score of 550 or above on the Mathematics section
- A CSU Conditionally Ready cut score between 490-540 on the Mathematics section plus successful completion of CSU-approved 12th grade math course that requires Algebra II as a prerequisite**
ACT® Mathematics Test Exemptions:
- A CSU Readiness cut score of 23 or higher
- A CSU Conditionally Ready cut score between 20-22 plus successful completion of CSU-approved 12th grade math course that requires Algebra II as a prerequisite**
- A score of 50 or higher on the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) Test
- A score of 550 or above on a College Board SAT Subject Test in Mathematics (level 1 or level 2)
- A score of 3 or above on the College Board Advanced Placement (AP) Calculus AB, Calculus BC, or AP Statistics Exam
- Completion (grade "C" or better) of a course at another college which satisfies the mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning requirement in General Education
**As a conditionally ready student you can meet the ELM requirement by taking an approved year-long senior year math course with an Algebra 2 prerequisite and earn a grade 'C' or higher. The following high school courses have been approved: Trigonometry & Math Analysis, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics, and AP Physics.
*Algebra 2 is approved if your high school counselor deems it appropriate for you to retake this course in your senior year.
In addition, international students and out of state students are exempt from the Early Start requirements. Students participating in the CSUB Summer Bridge or College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) are required to enroll in designated Early Start courses.
Test Scores & Codes
All first time freshmen must take the ELM/EPT regardless if they take compass or ALEKS, this is only waived if they are exempt via one of the exams listed above.
ELM as of 3/23/05
Math 75: Must pass class with a D-
Math 85: Must pass class with a D-
College Level Math (B4): Must pass class with a C
Early Intervention Programs
California State University, Bakersfield
9001 Stockdale Highway 47SA 126B
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1099
We are located next to Outreach.