FACT open house and baby bird shower set for April 4March 24, 2009
Kathy Miller, 661/654-2456, email@example.com or
Michele Newel, 661/654-2720, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Facility for Animal Care and Treatment (FACT) will host an open house and baby bird shower on Saturday, April 4, from 1 to 4 p.m. at its facility in the Environmental Studies area at California State University, Bakersfield.
- Participate in the baby bird shower by bringing items from the baby bird registry posted on FACT's website.
- See continuing construction of the new rehabilitation area.
- See a variety of local birds of prey, including red-tailed hawk, Swainson's hawk, great horned owl, barn owl and golden eagle. - See songbirds, dragonflies, butterflies, squirrels, gophers, lizards and more.
- Make a nature journal and complete a scavenger hunt to enhance their experience.
- Learn about FACT's animal rescue and bird foster parent program.
- Purchase T-shirts, including two new designs, zoo books, coloring books, cards and other educational materials to support FACT's education programs.
CSUB students and staff will give tours and demonstrations of birds of prey. Educational gifts and souvenirs will be available for purchase to support the non-profit wildlife rescue and education program.
The event is open and free to the public.
FACT's mission is to serve as a wildlife rescue, conservation and education project for CSUB. FACT hosts an open house on the first Saturday of each month October through May.
For more information about FACT, call (661) 654-3167 or log onto www.csub.edu/fact.