60+ Young at Heart SeminarMarch 6, 2008
Kathy Miller, 661/654-2456, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Michele Newel, 661/654-2720, email@example.com
California State University, Bakersfield's 60+ Club will present "Young at Heart," a half-day seminar for senior citizens looking to get the most out of life. The event will be held from 8 a.m. – 1 p.m., Saturday, March 15, at the CSUB Business Development Center, classroom building room 153.
The seminar will feature five different workshops:
- "You Can't Take it With You" by Attorney George Manolakas, a certified specialist in planning, trusts and probate law
- "Exploring Your Creative Side" by Barbara Gagnon, actress and director of several local theatrical productions
- "Eat, Drink and be Merry" by Michael Stepanovich, wine judge and critic
- "Tai Chi: Mind and Body – Getting it Together" presentation and demonstration by Larry Costner, Tai Chi instructor at the Arthritis Association Adaptive Aquatics Center
- "Get a Life! Discover and Develop – Adding Life to Your Years" by Ken Ishida, CSUB associate professor of psychology
"Young at Heart" is open to the public. Cost is $5 and free parking is available in Lot J. Pre-registration is requested, but not required. For details and registration, contact Denise Nielsen at (661) 654-3211.
Membership in the CSUB 60+ Club is open to anyone 60 years of age and older or retired. The club is a service organization in partnership with the university. College or university graduation or attendance is not required.