60+ hosts retirement seminarMarch 1, 2007
Kathy Miller, 661/654-2456, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Michele Newel, 661/654-2720, email@example.com
Retirees or baby boomers who are in the planning stages for their leisure years will get a fund of information at an upcoming half-day seminar at California State University, Bakersfield.
"Taking Charge of Your Retirement: How to Succeed in Daily Living," sponsored by the CSUB 60 + Club, is scheduled from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday, March 10, at the Business Development Center in room 153.
Five different speakers will present the program:
- Attorney George Manolakas, a certified specialist in planning, trusts, and probate law, will speak about "Making Health Care and Financial Decisions if Incapacity Strikes."
- Sandy Morris, Bakersfield Police Department community relations specialist, will present "Protecting Your Assets from Fraud and Scams."
- Bob Petker of Petker Tours, will talk about "Traveling in North America." ~
- Forest Hagood of the Hagood Group Financial Services & Insurance will discuss "N-Vest, N-Style and Live awhile!"
- Ken Ishida, CSUB psychology professor, will present the topic "Staying in Control of Your Life: Family, Friends and FAQs."
Membership in the CSUB 60+ Club is open to anyone age 60 or older, or retired. College or university graduation or attendance is not required. ~
The seminar is open to the public. Cost is $5. Pre-registration is requested but not required. For details, contact the CSUB Alumni Association at (661) 654-3211.