FACT open house SaturdayMay 3, 2007
Kathy Miller, 661/654-2456, firstname.lastname@example.org or
Michele Newel, 661/654-2720, email@example.com
The Facility for Animal Care and Treatment (FACT) will host open house on Saturday, May 5, from 1 to 4 p.m. at its facility in the Environmental Studies Area at California State University, Bakersfield.
- Participate in a baby bird shower. Shower registry can be viewed on FACT’s web site at www.csub.edu/fact. Cake and ice cream will be served.
- See the beginnings of the new golden eagle display.
- See a variety of local birds of prey, including red-tailed hawk, Swainson’s hawk, peregrine falcon, great horned owl, burrowing owl, and golden eagle, as well as, songbirds, dragonflies, butterflies, squirrels, gophers, lizards, and more.
- Touch a live barn owl or great horned owl and study owl pellets to learn what wild owls have eaten.
- Learn about FACT's animal rescue and bird foster parent program.
- Support FACT by purchasing one of Zoobook’s many beginning-readers books for kids and toddlers. Profits from the fundraiser help in maintaining wildlife rescue, conservation and educational projects.
- Buy T-shirts, coloring books, cards and other educational materials to support FACT's education programs.
CSUB students and faculty will give tours and demonstrations of birds of prey. Educational gifts and souvenirs will be available for purchase to support the non-profit wildlife rescue and education program.
Open house is open to the public free of charge.
FACT hosts open house on the first Saturday of the month October through May. The next open house will be the annual Barbecue for the Birds on Oct. 6,
For more information about FACT, please call (661) 654-3167 or log onto www.csub.edu/fact.