Free "Taste of the Arts"October 22, 2007
Kathy Miller, 661/654-2456, email@example.com or
Michele Newel, 661/654-2720, firstname.lastname@example.org
A gala evening of theater, music and art is scheduled Sunday, Nov. 4, at California State University, Bakersfield's 14th annual "A Taste of the Arts" from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
The event, which takes place in the Doré Theater and Plaza, the Todd Madigan Gallery and the CSUB Music Building, is free, and the public is invited.
Attendees will be treated to brief performances across the arts spectrum.
The program includes:
- CSUB Community Concert Band.
- The CSUB Chamber Singers.
- Jazz selections performed by the CSUB Jazz Ensemble.
- Solo theatrical performances by CSUB theatre students.
- Live art demonstrations by CSUB art students.
- The CSUB Indigenous Native American Club.
- "Disabled Development: Drawings by Bill Amundson."
- Selections from "Carmen" by George Bizet.
Hors d'oeuvres and dessert will be served while attendees enjoy this free event celebrating the arts at CSUB. Beverages will be available for purchase.
The evening is hosted by CSUB and the Fine Arts Committee of the CSUB Foundation, and is sponsored by Sodexho Food Service.
"This is a wonderful opportunity for people to come out and see some terrific performances by talented students, and enjoy some delicious refreshments," said Michael Chertok, CSUB's vice president for university advancement. "I hope people will come and enjoy this fun evening."
Free parking will be available in front of the Doré Theater.
For more information, please call (661) 654-2136.