Sign Up Now
About CSUB Alert
As part of ongoing efforts to improve communication in case of an emergency, California State University, Bakersfield has implemented a university-wide emergency alert system. The initiative consists of two mass notification systems:
- A technological system that will allow the university to send time-sensitive notifications via voice, e-mail and text messaging. This system is currently being implemented and the information below details how it functions.
- An external public address system will allow the university to broadcast specific guidance information campus-wide in the case of an emergency. Implementation of this system will begin during the 2008-09 school year.
How It Works
In the event of an emergency that threatens the lives and/or property of the campus community, the following will be sent as quickly as the situation allows:
- A voice message will be sent to the phone numbers you provide.
- An e-mail message will be sent to the e-mail address you provide.
- A text message will be sent to the mobile phone number you provide.
Additional information and updates will be distributed through the CSUB website, university e-mail and phone system, campus emergency hotline, departmental phone trees, and building marshals.
Other than an occasional test of the system, CSUB Alert will be used only to contact you in case of a very serious incident or situation, a university closing, or some other event that requires rapid, wide-scale notification to the community. Examples of such events would be a campus shooting, bomb threat, hazardous materials spills, flood, earthquake, or fire.