- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Graduation is a special time for our students, their family and friends, and the CSUB family. CSUB wants everyone to have a pleasant experience at the ceremonies. Below are some helpful tips to make the most of this memorable occasion.
Commencement Day Tips:
- Doors open an hour prior to the ceremony.
- Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Arrive early and be in your seat 10 minutes prior to the start time of the ceremony.
- Please remain seated throughout the ceremony.
- Be respectful of fellow guests around you.
- CSUB events take place in smoke-free environments. Please plan accordingly.
- For safety of your pets and all guests, we ask that you please leave your pets at home. Only service animals are permitted on campus during the commencement exercises.
- During the ceremony, medical personnel are present.
- Coordinate a place and time to meet your graduate after the ceremony that does not inhibit the flow of guests at venue entrances/exits.
Guest Ceremony Tickets
Graduating students will electronically obtain tickets for their guests.
- Undergraduates will receive six (6) tickets each.
- Masters and Doctoral Graduates will receive eight (8) tickets each.
It is recommended that guest arrive early. Guests access into the ceremony site will begin one hour prior to the ceremony start time.
- Undergraduate ceremonies are at the CSUB Amphitheatre at 7:00 a.m.
- Graduate ceremony is at the Icardo Center at 6:00 p.m.
Each guest will need a ticket to enter the commencement ceremony. Lap children do not require a ticket.
Directions to CSUB
Information regarding travel to CSUB including directions, parking, and lodging can be found here.
In effort to make commencement a pleasant experience for all guests and participants, the following items are prohibited at commencement:
- Air horns
- Beach balls
- Camera tripods
- Outside food
- Bottles and cans
People who violate these rules will be escorted out of the ceremony.
Parking will be free on the days and times for each ceremony.
- Undergraduate Ceremonies
- Parking will be in lots around the Amphitheatre.
- Disabled parking will be available in Lot D.
- Masters and Doctoral Graduate Ceremony
- Parking will be available in Lots H and I.
- Disabled parking will be available in Lot I.
For questions regarding details about each school's honors programs or commencement details, please contact that school directly:
Arts and Humanities
Business and Public Administration
Natural Science, Mathematics and Engineering
Social Science and Education