- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residential Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Undergraduate Commencement Instructions
Congratulations! Your hard work and diligence has paid off. Please follow these simple instructions, and we will have an efficient commencement that will be able to honor you properly.
- Arrive at the Pedestrian Mall no later than 6:00am on Friday, June 13th for the Schools of Arts and Humanities, Business and Public Administration and Natural Sciences and Mathematics. To avoid traffic congestion on Stockdale Hwy, you are encouraged to use the south entrances via Camino Media and park in Lots F, G, H, & J. Parking for Commencement will be directed by the CSUB police. No permits are needed for that day.
- Pick up your name card at the appropriate table (tables will be set up between the Education building and DDH).
- Line up by major with the help of the commencement staff. Departmental signs will be lined up in the Pedestrian Mall between the Art building and the library. A volunteer will be asked to carry your program sign in the processional. Please follow the person with your sign in the processional and into the amphitheater. It is critical that you follow the instructions of the ushers to be seated appropriately.
- When your major is called, at the direction of the ushers, your classmate carrying the sign will lead you to the stage. Sign carriers will give the signs to the usher as they enter the top level of the stage. Please stay in order by major until the entire ceremony and recessional are complete.
- Once you are on stage, you will be directed to one of the professional readers. Present your name card, and as your name is read, walk to President Mitchell, who will give you a acknowledgement of graduation and shake your hand. You will be professionally photographed at that time. Please leave the stage promptly and return to your seat. Please respect your fellow graduates and do not leave early, as this causes an unfair disruption.
- When all graduates have been recognized, you will be asked to rise and President Mitchell will confer your degree.
- We will then begin the recessional. Please wait for the platform party and faculty, and then follow them out of the amphitheater.
- Please treat every graduate as you would like to be treated- with courtesy and respect!
If you or your guests require special accommodations, please contact the office of Services for Students with Disabilities at (661) 654-3360.
Note: Parking for disabled and special needs guests will be at the most northern section of Lots I and E.
See campus map.