Steps for Departments to post a Student Assistant or Work Study position
- Register or log-in to RunnerLink
- Choose "I am a employer/partner" and click on create an account.
- For "Organization Name," use your department name.
- Red asterisk fields* require information, all others may be left blank.
- For "Include Company Info in Employer Directory" choose NO. (This is meant for outside employers to give job applicants information about their company.)
- Under the My Jobs Tab, click on New Job
- Fill in required fields along with any additional information that is pertinent to the job opening.
- Choose for your job title, something descriptive about the job. Example: Office Assistant, Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Library Assistant, Grader, etc.
- Under posting information, position type, you must choose either "CSUB Student Assistant" or "CSUB Work Study."
- If you would like students to apply through RunnerLink, click on YES "Allow Students to Apply Through RunnerLink." Student resumes will then be forwarded to your email.
- When you are done filling out the job information, click "Save" at the bottom of the page
- The next page will be a review of the information that you entered
- If you want to make changes, click on EDIT at the far right of the window, on the blue "position
description" line. You may also click on the "position information" tab and edit the job description. You can edit the duration, major required, GPA, or other qualifications by clicking on the "posting
- NOTE: At the bottom of the page you will notice the Status of this job as "Pending". The job will not be "Active" until
a CECE staff member has reviewed and approved the job opening.
- 6. Once the job opening is approved, students, alumni, and faculty will be able to view this position and apply to you directly according to your Application
- CECE will review and approve posting and forward a SA hiring form 105 or Work Study responsibilies information.
Steps to REMOVE or CLOSE a job posting, once the position has been filled:
- Log-in to RunnerLink
- Under the My Jobs Tab, click on Job List.
- Click on the job number or job title of the job you want to close.
- Choose "Close job" from the menu under "I want to" at the left of your screen.
- This will archive your job. You will still be able to view and reactivate your job at a later date. This job stays under you're My
- You may also choose to "copy job" from the "I want
to" menu, which allows you to use the job description and modify for a different or multiple job postings.
- NOTE: you only need to create one job posting per type of job. You may have multiple positions open under that job title.
- Click on "Report a Hire" to let us know who you hired for which job posting.
FAQs page here