- Up to
Academic Internships (Unpaid)
Offering an Unpaid Internship or other forms of unpaid applied experiences (service learning, volunteering) to students is uniquely reserved for Non-Profit Organizations. Unpaid internships most commonly include Academic Credit for the student. Unpaid academic internships and other experiences where academic credit is involved require students to be enrolled in a related course and the organization and CSUB must enter into an agreement.
For-Profit companies considering unpaid internship are advised to review the Department of Labor's Fair Labor Standards Act regarding academic internships.
Two options for an agreement are possible:Short-Term Agreement (Two Academic Quarters)
- Offers a specific project / short-term learning activity to students
- The experience is short-term (maximum two quarters)
- For an internship, the task/activity includes at least 60% professional development
- Experience should support the Bakersfield community
- A Short-Term Agreement takes a few weeks to develop and creates a temporary relationship
- Offers a wide range of tasks / projects
- The program is ongoing
- For Internships - the tasks/projects include at least 60% professional development
- Can engage a variety of majors
- Experience supports the Bakersfield community
- A 3-year contract is developed (requires approximately 3 months to process)
After completing the form, you will receive an email / phone call from CECE staff to continue the process.
RunnerLink Employer Login