Welcome to Cal-SOAP!
What is Cal-SOAP?
Other 14 Cal-SOAP Programs in California
Southern San Joaquin Valley Cal-SOAP Consortium
The California Student Opportunity and Access Program (Cal-SOAP) is a statewide program designed to increase the number of students attending college. The program serves students that are from low-income families, will be the first in their family to attend college, or are from areas or schools with low-eligibility or college-going rates. Cal-SOAP was established by the state legislature in 1978 and today operates projects in 16 locations throughout the state. Cal-SOAP is funded and administered by the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).
The mission of the Southern San Joaquin Valley Cal-SOAP Consortium is to provide academic support, advisement and access to information about postsecondary education and financial aid to students who meet at least one of the following criteria:
- first in their family to attend college
- come from a low socio-economic family
- live in a geographic area with low college-going rates.
- Eureka - Northcoast Consortium
- Gilroy - South County Gilroy Consortium
- Los Angeles - Los Angeles Consortium
- Long Beach - Greater Long Beach Regional Consortium
- Marysville - North Valley Consortium
- Merced - Merced Consortium
- Oakland - East Bay Consortium
- Sacramento - Sacramento Consortium
- San Diego - San Diego and Imperial Counties Cal-SOAP Consortium
- San Francisco - San Francisco Consortium
- San Jose - San Jose Consortium
- Santa Maria - Central Coast Consortium
- Santa Barbara - Santa Barbara Consortium
- Solano County - Success Consortium
The Southern San Joaquin Valley Cal-SOAP Consortium was established in 2000 and serves approximately 10,000 students at schools in Kern, Santa Barbara, and San Bernardino Counties. We also help organize several college outreach events for all Kern County students. The partners comprising our consortium include the following:
- High Schools
- Elementary & Feeder Middle School Districts
- Community Colleges
- Public Universities
- Private Universities
- District Office
- Other Agencies