Proof of Quality (AACSB):
• The CSUB MBA Program is accredited by The Association to
Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
• CSUB BPA is the only AACSB accredited school in the region
• Only 5% of schools worldwide achieve this quality standard
AACSB’s Importance to Employers
• Signifies that graduates have met highest educational standards
• Signifies graduates possess knowledge and skills critical to the field of study
• Some employers only reimburse tuition to students of
AACSB accredited schools
Proof of Quality (ETS):
• ETS Major Field Test for MBA
• CSUB MBA students consistently score in the top 10%
on the management skills assessment
• 2010-2011 percentiles scored: Management 95th;
Finance 85th; Accounting 90th; Strategy 85th.
About the Educational Testing Services Major Field Test
• Used as an exit exam for our capstone course
• Exam questions are drawn from the “MBA Body of Knowledge.”
• Provides data to enhance the MBA program
About the CSUB MBA:
• Outstanding faculty who have both work experience and Ph.D.’s in their fields
• Same business specific accreditation as UCLA, USC & UC Berkeley
• Duration of program is approximately 1.5 to 2 years
• Costs less than comparable programs in the region.
• Financial Aid is available
• Traditional students – Baccalaureate degree, 2.75 GPA,
GMAT score of 500 or comparable GRE
• Executives – Baccalaureate degree, 2.75 GPA, 7.5 years of managerial
work experience that includes 5 years supervisory experience.
• National Certification – Baccalaureate degree, 2.75 GPA,
Current National Certification
• Introduction to Financial Accounting
• Introduction to Finance
• Economics – preferably macro
• Upper Division Statistics or Quant Methods course
The CSUB MBA program has introduced low cost, self-paced, non-credit versions of the prerequisite foundation courses through Extended University: (661)654-2441
Financial Aid Opportunities:
• CSUB Financial Aid (Loans & Tuition Grants)
• CSUB Hispanic Scholarship Fund ($2500)
• CSUB Scholarships
– e.g., CSUB Title 5 Part B Scholarship for Hispanic Students
• Employer Tuition Reimbursement Policy
• CSUB Alumni Association Scholarship (for CSUB Undergraduate Alumni)
• Jean Jaymes West, Ph.D., MBA Director; (661) 654-2780, MBA@csub.edu;
• Or search “CSUB MBA” on Facebook or Linked-in.
Not all business schools are the same.
of business programs worldwide