- Up to
Career Opportunities in Biology
A degree in Biology from CSUB can be a stepping-stone to many fascinating and rewarding careers. Opportunities for Biology majors abound in research, government, education, industry, and the medical professions.
Our graduates have the ability and skills to enter many areas directly upon graduation or to continue on to advanced studies in other specialty areas.
Graduates with an M.S. in Biology will be prepared to continue study at the Ph.D. level, to teach at the community college level, or to pursue careers in private industry or government laboratories.
There are many exciting fields and career paths open to graduates in Biology, Biotechnology, or Pre-Professional, including:
- Environmental research
- Environmental consulting
- Government resource management agencies (e.g. CA & US Fish & Wildlife; BLM; USDA; Nat. Parks Service; USGS)
- Water quality management
- Agricultural and pest management
- Health care
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Secondary school science education
- Advanced education
- Clinical lab sciences
- Wildlife biology
- Marine biology
- Veterinary medicine
- Physical therapy
For students pursuing a B.A. in Human Biology career paths include:
- Physician Assistant (e.g. http://www.llu.edu/allied-health/sahp/pa/index.page)
- Health Advocate
- Microbiology Technologist
- Health Department/Government Health Agencies (e.g. http://www.kernpublichealth.com/)
Need Help Finding the Career That’s Right for You?
Visit the CSUB Center for Community Engagement and Career Education (CECE), which offers comprehensive career counseling services, job postings, and community service opportunities for CSUB students.