Phone: (661) 952-5061
Fax: (661) 952-5124
TDD: (661) 953-5120
Office: Building 200
The Mission of Services for Students with Disabilities is to provide support services which will enable
every student, regardless of disability, to have access to the university education.
Goals and Objectives
- Act as a catalyst and agent for compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations mandating equal opportunity and access for persons with disabilities.
- Provide appropriate accommodations and resources to students with verified permanent or temporary disabilities.
- Provide appropriate assessment for students to identify accommodations and services necessary for academic access.
- Work with faculty, administration, and staff to create and maintain an inclusive and supportive environment where individuals with disabilities have full and equal access to all university programs.
- Remain abreast of best practices and trends in post secondary education of the disabled.
Where are we located?
Our office is located in the Student Health Services/Counseling/Services for Students with Disabilities building.
M/T/W: 8:30am - 3:30pm
TH: 1:00 - 5:00
Who are we?
Shelly Brooks, Disability Management Counselor
Section 504 Compliance / ADA Coordinator - Soraya Coley
Soraya Coley, Provost & VP for Academic Affairs
Office is located in Administration Building #100
Steps for Obtaining Services
A student also has the right to grieve other University actions that do not involve allegations
of academic dishonesty or course grades. The Student Non-Academic Grievance Procedures are available
in the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs.
Table of Contents