The Alumni Association has awarded over $40,000 in student scholarships since 1993. The Alumni Scholarship Endowment was established in 1990 with a gift of $5,000 and has now reached almost $100,000. As the endowment grows, so will the monies available for student scholarships. The first awards were made during the 1993-1994 academic year.
The CSUB Alumni Association is proud to announce our 2012-13 alumni scholarship recipients:
- Alexander Anfoso ('12, B.S. Business Administration) is currently seeking his M.B.A.
- Jessica Arrendondo Gomez ('11, B.A. Criminal Justice) is currently seeking her M.P.A.
- Nicole Blackhawk ('05, B.S. Biology) is currently seeking her M.S. in Biology.
- Randy Rico ('08, B.S. Business Administration) is currently seeking his M.P.A.
- Noemi Rodriguez ('08, B.A. Liberal Studies) is currently seeking her M.A. in Educational Administration.
- Iris Zuniga ('12, B.A. Liberal Studies) is currently seeking her Teaching Credential.
Eligibility Criteria: Scholarship award applicants will be determined eligible according to the following criteria:
- Graduate or credential students (can be either an incoming or an established student).
- CSU Bakersfield graduate.
- Entering with, or currently has a cumulative GPA of 3.0. This GPA will be verified by review of the current academic transcript, and must be maintained throughout the academic year.
- Participation in extra-curricular activities that benefit the community and the university.
- Funds must be used within one year from the date of award or be returned to the CSU Bakersfield Foundation. The award must be applied for on a yearly basis.
- Funds are not transferable to another learning/teaching institution.
- Funds will be deposited in an account set up for the student at the university.
- The use of funds is restricted to the following school expenses:
(a) On-campus housing
(d) Parking Permit
If you would like to support the Alumni Association, please call our office directly at 661/654-3211.
If you are a student interested in applying for the Alumni Scholarship, please send in your application using the Office for Financial Aid's STARS webpage.