- Be professional and respectful.
- Dress appropriately.
- Understand that a mentorship is a two-way relationship and that students will need to communicate with mentor about their academic goals, career goals, and about themselves.
- To provide students with information and advice associated with career development and management.
- Encourage professional behavior and development.
- Help build confidence.
- To teach by example.
- Offer encouragement.
- Support students through difficult or critical situations.
- Inspire students.