How to Clear Holds

You may have a Service Indicator (also called a “Hold”) placed on your account because of financial or similar university obligations. You will not be allowed to register until a clearance is obtained from the department issuing the service indicator. All service indicators shown on your myCSUB account must be cleared prior to registration. Here is a list of common Service Indicators and the departments that can clear them (see the Runner Resources section at the end of this guide for contact information for these offices):


  • Academic Advisor School Dean's Office
  • Accounting Student Financial Services
  • Administration Admissions & Records Office
  • Admissions  & Records Office
  • Advising Academic Advising & Resource Center
  • English/Math Remediation Academic Advising & Resource Center
  • English Placement Test Academic Advising & Resource Center
  • Hepatitis B, Measles/Rubella Student Health Center
  • International Students International Students Office
  • Math Placement Test Academic Advising & Resource Center
  • Student Loan Exit Interview Student Financial Services