- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Students are allowed to add or drop classes from their schedule up through the third week of the quarter. Students may also swap classes, which is a quick way to drop one class and add a different class. To drop a class after the third week of instruction, students must complete a Withdrawal form.
To Add a class (up through the third week of instruction), login to myCSUB and follow instructions to Add Classes.
To Drop a class (up through the third week of instruction), login to myCSUB and follow instructions to Drop a Class.
To Swap classes (up through the third week of instruction), login to myCSUB and follow instructions to Swap Classes. The drop will occur only if you are added to the selected class successfully.
To Withdraw from a course (after the third week of instruction), complete a Withdrawal Form and obtain all necessary signatures. Submit the completed form to the Admissions and Records Office in the Student Services Building. A separate form is required to Withdraw from All Classes.
Notes on Withdrawal:
- Students are required to withdraw from classes they are not attending. Failure to attend class will result in a grade of “WU” –Withdrawal Unauthorized -- and is calculated into the GPA as an “F”.
- Students can only withdraw from 28 quarter units during the course of their studies at California State University, Bakersfield. For most students, that means that they can only withdraw from four to six classes in their undergraduate career. Schedule adjustments made during the Add/Drop Period do not count toward the limit, but changes made after the Add/Drop Period will count toward the limit.
- Approved course withdrawal for medical or military reasons will also not count towards the 28 unit limit.
Office of Admissions and Records
Student Services Building
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022
Phone: (661) 654-2147
Fax: (661) 654-3389
Academic Advising and Resource Center
Phone: (661) 654-2700