|CSUB Home | Future Students | Current Students | Faculty/Staff | Alumni | Community|
|Admissions & Records HomeEvaluations & Graduation||
1. Check your decision details online. Log onto myCSUB and review your To-Do list. This site will give you important information about your major, residency status, and whether admission to any special programs. Explore what awaits you in your academic major.
2. Respond to your offer of admission (Fall quarter admits). If you choose to enroll at CSUB (and we hope you do!), we ask that you complete the Intent to Enroll form and return it with a $100 refundable fee to the Office of Admissions and Records no later than July 2nd. Note that the Intent to Enroll form is a non-binding document that will allow us to reserve a space for you and provide the opportunity to register for classes. You may also decline your offer of admission.
3. Determine if you have any outstanding placement test requirements. Unless exempt due to prior scores on standardized tests (SAT or ACT) or previous qualifying courses taken, all incoming students are required to take the Entry Level Mathematics test (ELM) and the English Placement Test (EPT) prior to orientation. You can log onto myCSUB account and find your EPT/ELM status under the “Admissions” portion of the page. If required, we encourage you to take them as soon as possible after being admitted so results will be available for orientation and advisement. Visit our testing center website for testing dates and further information.
4. Orientation and Advising. Beginning February 1, an orientation packet will be mailed to all students admitted for fall quarter. We recommend that you sign-up for the earliest possible orientation date. At the orientation, you will learn more about what CSUB has to offer, register for courses with the help of an academic advisor and obtain your Photo ID. For most current information about New Student Orientation, click here.
5. Financing your education at CSUB. Be sure to apply for financial aid by completing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid online if you have not yet done so. Additionally, be sure to apply online for CSUB scholarships. Click here for more information about Financial Aid and Scholarships.
6. Submit your final college transcript. Receipt of your official final transcript is required prior to enrolling for classes. In order to allow time to finalize the evaluation of your college transfer credits, please be sure to send us your final transcript and, if applicable, General Education Certification by the appropriate deadline below.
7. If you are admitted as a transfer student from a California Community College, find out how you can receive transfer credit for your transfer courses here. Be sure to visit your college admission or counseling office to request certification of courses meeting CSU lower-division General Education requirements. The California Community College will then officially notify CSUB that these requirements have been met. Please be advised that it takes approximately 4-6 weeks for the Admissions and Records Office to complete the review of your transfer credits and post them on your record.
8. Visit the Student Health Center website to read about the Mandatory Immunization Requirement. All the University's immunization requirements must have been satisfied prior to your registration for your second quarter at CSUB.
We look forward to welcoming you to CSUB, Your University.
California State University, Bakersfield | Copyright © 2006 All Rights Reserved | Office of Admissions and Records
Enrollment Management Division