- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Campus Programming
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
- Admission Requirements
- Evaluation of Transfer Credits
- EOP&S Transfers
- Community College Partnership
Application Process for Transfer StudentsTo apply for admission as a transfer student, complete the following items by the deadline date for the quarter to which you are applying.
1. Select a major from the CSUB List of Majors and Degree Programs. All transfer students must declare a major when applying. "Undecided" is not available.
2. Complete the online application at CSUMentor, and pay the $55 non-refundable application fee if you do not qualify for a fee waiver. Within one week, you will receive an e-mail from CSUB Admissions and Records acknowledging receipt of your application along with your specific CSUB ID number and login instructions to your myCSUB account.
3. Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to be sent to CSUB:
- For Spring 2017 applicants, submit one official transcript from each college attended with in-progress or completed coursework to CSU Bakersfield immediately after application. Final transcripts with fall grades posted will be due no later than January 13, 2017.
- For Fall 2017 applicants, submit one official transcript from each college attended with in-progress or completed coursework to CSU Bakersfield after application by February 15, 2017. Final transcripts with fall grades posted will be due no later than July 15, 2017.
Official transcripts must be received by the published admission document deadline dates. Your official transcripts are needed to determine your admissions eligibility. Official Transcripts must be official can be submitted and may electronically be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the following address:
Office of Admissions and Records, 47SA
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93311-1022
4. Activate your myCSUB student portal. (Read detailed instructions on how to access your myCSUB account.) Applicants can view your admission status and "To Do List" which informs you of required documents and deadlines.
5. Check your To Do List often, for needed items for the Office of Admissions and records or Office of Financial Aid.
6. Confirm your intent to enroll by May 1st (Fall Admits Only). Newly admitted freshman and transfer students are required to confirm your attendance and pay a $100 non-refundable deposit by May 1st. The Intent to Enroll may be waived for students receiving state or federal need-based grants or full financial assistance. This deposit will be applied toward your registration fees and will allow you to have a week after classes begin to pay your registration fees in full. (Please note this is a separate fee from your orientation).
The initial application filing periods for first-time freshmen and transfer applicants are as follows:
- Fall Semester:
October 1 - November 30
of the previous year
- Spring Semester:
August 1 - 31
of the previous year
View the application filing status dates on CSUMentor for regularly updated information on application filing periods.
CSUB Bakersfield College Transfer Student Center
Office: Bakersfield College Student Services Center
Phone: (661) 395-4592