JavaScript is required for basic dynamic and interactive browsing.

Associate Degrees for Transfer

Earn priority admission to the California State University with junior standing once you earn an Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T or AS-T) at a California community college. The new joint transfer program is the best path for students like you to transfer between the two college systems. Complete 60 units at a California community college to receive your AA-T or AS-T, then complete 60 units* at a California State University to receive your bachelor’s degree. For more information, go to, or see a high school counselor, community college counselor or representative from a California State University.

*90 units at a quarter campus

Choose a Degree

Save time and money while studying something you really love.

The newly developed AA-T and AS-T degrees make the transfer to the California State University system smoother and are designed to align your coursework at the community college with courses offered at the CSU.

There are currently many AA-T and AS-T degrees offered and new programs are being added at community colleges and CSUs across the state each term. Both college systems provide complementary degrees in these majors, allowing you to build on your educational experience, while earning both an associate's and a bachelor's degree.

To get started on your AA-T or AS-T, or for more information go to this link:

A Degree with a Guarantee

Verification of Intent to Earn AS-T/AA-T Transfer Degree Form