How to Apply
International students should apply online through CSU Mentor, the California State University application website. You will need to click on International Admissions Application. Applying online is the quickest and easiest way to send an application to CSUB.
When to Apply
The initial application filing periods for first-time freshmen and transfer applicants are as follows:
- Fall Quarter: October 1st - November 30th of the previous year
- Winter Quarter: June 1st - 20th of the previous year
- Spring Quarter: August 1st - 31st of the previous year
For best consideration for fall quarter admission, submit all required documents by January 1. CSUB will continue to accept applications from international students throughout the year.
What to Submit
After completing your admission application on CSU Mentor, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Affidavit of Financial Support (an agreement between you and your sponsor confirming that you do have the funds to attend CSUB)
- Confidential Bank Statement showing $29,000 for your first academic year at CSUB (along with Affidavit of Financial Support above)
- One set of official transcripts (all high school work for undergraduate applicants; all high school work and college work for lower-division transfers; all college work for upper-division transfers and graduate applicants).
- Students applying immediately after high school must submit transcripts which indicate proof of graduation from high school. Alternatively as a proof of graduation, students may submit a high school diploma/certificate along with the transcripts.
- If you are a non-native English speaker, you must submit your TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS score report. Test score reports should be sent to CSUB Institutional Code: 4110 directly from the testing agency.
- If you are transferring from another school in the U.S., you will also need an F-1 Transfer Eligibility Form.
We recommend that all international applicants follow a set of general guidelines to ensure we can process your international application as efficiently as possible. Please see Document Submission Guidelines for more details.
Where to Submit
After completing your admission application on CSU Mentor, please submit all required documents to:
Admissions and Records Office, 47 SA
California State University – Bakersfield
9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, California 93311
United States of America
To learn more about the CSUB application process for International Students, see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
CSUB International Students & Programs Office
Phone: (661) 654-6113
International Students and Programs Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00pm.
Walk-ins will be seen:
Thu-Fri 9:00 AM-11:00 AM
Otherwise, students can schedule an appointment by sending an email or calling our office.