WUE applicants must meet all CSU requirements for out-of-state residents and be admissible as a full-time student at CSU Bakersfield.
Admissions requirements (minimum eligibility requirements for CSU):
- Have or will have graduated from high school.
- Meet the eligibility index with the grade point average and test scores.
- Have or will have completed, with a grade of C or better on a pattern of courses which total 15 units. (A “unit” is one year of study in high school.)
Must have a minimum eligibility index of 3502 using SAT I scores, or 842 using ACT scores.
Calculate your own eligibility index:
SAT (scores in mathematics and critical reading) + (800 x high school GPA) = 3502 or higher
(10 x ACT composite score without the writing score) + (200 x high school GPA) = 842 or higher
Lower division Transfers
- College GPA average of 2.00 or better.
- Be in good standing at the last institution.
- Meet the admissions requirements for a first-time freshman, or have successfully completed necessary courses to make up the deficiencies in high school if the student did not complete the 15-high-school-unit-pattern of college preparatory courses.
Admission with 60 or more transferable semester units (90 quarter units) if you:
· College GPA average of 2.4 or better.
· In good standing at the last institution
· Have completed or plan to complete prior to transfer at least 30 semester units (45 quarter units) of courses equivalent to general education requirements with a grade of C or better, including courses in written communication, oral communication, critical thinking, (CSU GE Category A) and mathematics/quantitative reasoning (CSU GE Category B4).
WUE Home | WUE Requirements | Other WUE Participating States