- Up to
- Lesson Plans
What is RIAP
The Reading Institutes for Academic Preparation are designed for high school teachers, AVID teachers, administrators, and college instructors. Participants attend 60 hours of seminars with guest speakers, and they complete approximately 20 additional hours of independent research and school teamwork.
What are the goals of RIAP?
The two main goals are to help students (1) achieve a level on the joint California Standards Test and CSU Early Assessment Program that would exempt them from the English Placement Test or (2) demonstrate proficiency on the CSU English Placement Test (EPT) by scoring above 150 with no need for future reading and writing remediation.
What do participants receive?
- A valuable reference library.
- Classroom-ready materials.
- Insights and strategies from.
- Time to develop cross-curricular strategies.
- Time to create a school-wide standards-based literacy plan.
- Great food and company.
- A $700 stipend upon fulfillment of the institute commitment.