- Discover CSUB
- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
- ASI (Student Government)
- Antelope Valley Campus
- Campus Dining
- Career Education & Community Engagement (CECE)
- Children's Center
- Counseling Center
- Health, Safety And Wellness
- Housing & Residence Life
- Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Financial Services
- Student Organizations
- Student Recreation Center
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
- Student Union
- Vice President for Student Affairs
- News & Information
Early EnrollmentThe Early Enrollment Program is designed to assist high schools in meeting the needs of gifted students and expand outreach programs to underrepresented groups. High school students may earn college credit through this program. Cost for the program is $21.00 each term; books, parking, and individual course fees are extra.
Eligible students may take a freshman level course offered by CSU, Bakersfield in fall, winter or spring terms. Early Enrollment is not available during summer session except special programs such as Enterprise College. Students are limited to one course each term.
Early enrollment high school students do not receive priority registration. Students must follow the following enrollment process:
- Student meets with Dr. Vandana Kohli, Associate Dean of Undergraduate and Graduate Studies, to determine if they are eligible and to select a course for the Early Enrollment Program. Please contact the Office of Undergraduate Studies at (661) 654-3418 for an appointment.
- Student completes and signs the CSUB Early Enrollment Application Form. Print it and bring it with you to your appointment with Dr. Kohli. Link to Records and Admissions Application Form.
- Student completes Early Enrollment Program form. Parent/legal guardian sign the form (up to age 18).
- High school counselor or guidance director attaches transcript and verifies eligibility and measles certification.
- $21.00 fee (Cash or check made payable to CSUB that is dated the first day of the term.)
- Student gets permission to add class by having professor sign an add slip on the first day of class.
- Before the beginning of the CSUB quarter, the student turns in all the materials and fee to the Undergraduate Studies Office, Education Building, 2nd Floor, Room 242.